Dr. Healy specializes in the treatment of breast and gynecologic cancers and has a particular interest in women’s health. As an expert in the use of brachytherapy, Dr. Healy is skilled in the application of internal radiation to cure a variety of cancers. Her research interests revolve around optimizing quality-of-life and survivorship for cancer patients, as well as process improvement in the radiation oncology workplace. Dr. Healy serves as Chief Quality Officer for the Department of Radiation Oncology and leads the weekly clinical quality improvement series. She also supervises the error-reporting system for the department and leads a conference exclusively focused on the patient experience. A renowned educator, Dr. Healy also enjoys mentoring residents and students from a variety of backgrounds.
- The Ohio State University, Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital, Columbus, OH, 2019
- The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH, 2015
- MD, University of California, Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA, 2014
- MA, Medical Sciences, Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, IL, 2009
- American Board of Radiology, Radiation Oncology
- American Society for Radiation Oncology
- NCCN Educational Grant
- Best of ACRO Abstract Award
- Yaney A, Healy E, Pan X, Martin D, Quick A. Clinical outcomes of distal vaginal and vulvar cancer treated with image-guided brachytherapy. J Contemp Brachytherapy 2021; 13(4): 419-425.
- Yaney A, Healy E, Wald P, Olsen M, Pan X, Martin D, Quick A. Toxicity and outcomes associated with high-dose rate brachytherapy for medically inoperable endometrial cancer. Brachytherapy 2021; 20(2): 368-375.
- Bazan JG, DiCostanzo D, Hock K, Jhawar S, Healy E, Beyer S, White JR. Analysis of radiation dose to the shoulder by treatment technique and correlation with patient reported outcomes in breast cancer patients receiving regional nodal irradiation. Front Oncol. 2021; 11: 617926.
- Yaney A, Ayan AS, Pan X, Jhawar S, Healy E, Beyer S, Lindsey K, Kuhn K, Tedrick K, White JR, Bazan JG. Dosimetric parameters associated with radiation-induced esophagitis in breast cancer patients undergoing regional nodal irradiation. Radiother Oncol. 2021; 155: 167-173.
- Bazan JG, Jhawar SR, Stover D, Park KU, Beyer S, Healy E, White JR. De-escalation of radiation therapy in patients with Stage I, node-negative, HER2-positive breast cancer: patterns of care and survival outcomes using the National Cancer Database. NPJ Breast Cancer 2021; 7(1): 33.
- Bazan JG, Healy E, Beyer S, Kuhn K, DiCostanzo D, Smith TL, Jhawar S, White JR. Clinical effectiveness of an adaptive treatment planning algorithm for intensity modulated radiation therapy versus 3D conformal radiation therapy for node-positive breast cancer patients undergoing regional nodal irradiation/postmastectomy radiation therapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2020; 108(5): 1159-1171.
- Eckstein J, Healy E, Jain A, Hawkins D, Quoc-Anh H, Agrawal A, Ozer E, Rupert R, Diavolitsis V, Bhatt AD. A series of typical and atypical cases of Bazex syndrome: identifying the red herring to avoid delaying cancer treatment. Clin Case Rep 2020; 8(11): 2259-2264.